UMC Physician Network Services
UMC Physicians of Lubbock, Texas is seeking an Operations Director.
The Operations Director is responsible for overseeing daily clinical and business operations at various practices within the Lubbock area.
Job Type: Full time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Management/Health Care emphasis preferred).
- Five (5) years of practice operations/management experience required.
- Prolonged sitting.
- Some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Able to transact business in person or on the telephone.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in medical operations and personnel skills.
- Ability to resolve disputes in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in State and Federal health care programs preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership, organization and motivation to clinic staff.
- Sensitivity to confidential information imperative.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with angry or difficult people and exercise tact at all times.
- Capability of learning quickly and accepting change.
- Capability of working in a high stress, multi-task environment.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel on a daily basis to multiple practice sites around the Lubbock area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact appropriately with other staff members, clinic staff, physicians, central business office, and UMC Administration.
- Follow the Compliance Program standards designed to prevent, detect, correct, and discipline non-compliant behavior.
- Participate in initial and continuing education activities related to the Compliance Plan.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Report, in good faith without malicious intent, known or suspected violations of the law or the Compliance Plan.
- Meet with providers monthly to review financials.
- Regularly meet with practice managers to go over financials; review key performance indicators and work-related metrics.
- Set clear expectations for the practice managers.
- Train, supervise and evaluate all clinic managers in assigned clinics, including regular 1:1’s, to outline a plan of action for ongoing and additional training required to meet company standards.
- Act as liaison between the clinics and the Central Business Office (CBO). Ensure open and effective lines of communication between assigned clinics and the CBO.
- Work with practice staff to make sure claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that clinic staff are aware of clinic goals and expectations.
- Communicate with all clinic employees on a regular basis.
- Be a strong advocate for UMC Physicians’ employees, staff and culture.
- Support UMCP’s mission, vision and value statements by demonstrating concern for quality, productivity, and responsiveness in the areas of teamwork, respect, attitude, confidentiality, kindness and ownership.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Operations Director Jobs
- View more Business Jobs
- View more Healthcare Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more UMC Physician Network Services Jobs